The Tallahassee Garden Club was organized in 1926 and is a member of the Florida Federation of Garden Clubs, Deep South Region and National Garden Clubs. The Tallahassee Garden Club currently has 24 garden circles and over 600 members.
Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll get from joining the Tallahassee Garden Club:
- A subscription to the Florida Gardener Magazine, published four times a year by the Federation of Florida Garden Clubs
- Monthly circle meetings (September – May) with programs relating to gardening, plant materials, floral design, garden tours, horticulture, and the environment
- Plant exchanges and horticulture programs (September – November, January – May)
- Annual holiday celebrations, Christmas Tea and Community Open House, luncheons, flower shows, fund raising events and silent auctions of garden related items
- Community service projects to advance the arts of gardening
- Floral design classes, flower show judges school, gardening study courses, environmental study courses, landscape design courses, and other gardening related short courses
Interested in joining?
Becoming a member of the Tallahassee Garden Club is easy, just fill out the application form and send it in to the Membership Chairman, 507 N Calhoun St, Tallahassee, FL 32301 or call (850) 224-3371.